- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 4 months ago by Aruorihwo.
- February 6, 2020 at 12:47 pm #85267Spectator@aruorihwo
React native on the other hand, is a framework of native libraries for creating mobile applications. Two years after react was open-sourced, React native was also released.
One of the basic difference between the two is, React is for web development while React Native is for developing mobile applications.
Let’s look at some of the other subtle differences between the two of them.
Setting up and bundling
With react native, you have everything you need to setup and get started. It is easy to launch the framework. All you need do is enter on line of command in your terminal and you are ready to start coding. You will need an Xcode or Android Studio installed on your computer to run the app. You can either use an emulator to test or test directly on your devices.
React uses react-router for navigation while React Native uses the navigator component provided by React Native. Most mobile applications don’t have a lot of scenes unlike the web apps so the navigator component would give you all you need to transition between scenes.
With React, you get a few great tools without actually installing anything. This saves a lot of time and effort for developers. In addition, if you need to make small changes to the overall app, you can make use of hot reloading enabled by ReactJS. You can use live reload for bigger changes, that way the app reloads upon changing the code. Many of the tools present in React can also be used for React Native, tools such as Chrome Dev Tools can do the work of inspecting the network requests, displaying the console logs and stopping the code on debugger statements.
Business Benefits – React
- React DOM is much faster than the conventional refresh model since it only refreshes part of the page instead of the full page.
- The fact that you can reuse code components in React saves you a lot of time.
- The ability to render pages from server to browser helps positively with SEO·
- It improves debugging speed, making life easier.
- You don’t have to be familiar with every aspect of React to be able to use it, it is easily readable and thereby easy to use even for beginners.
Business benefits – React Native
- React Native allows developers to build agile, web styled apps without relying on the web.
- It does not depend on WebView for code rendering unlike other cross-platform framework such as Cordova, PhoneGap etc. it comes with Native modules and components that improves performance.
- Since you can also reuse codes on Native, you don’t have to build applications separately for IOS and Android.
- With React Native, you get all the benefits of React such as user friendly UI.
- React Native doesn’t require you to over-haul your old app when you want to update, all you have to do is add the UI component into the existing app code without rewriting.
- React Native brings high speed, responsiveness, agile web development and the best user experience which gets rid of the typical native app development problems like inefficiency, slow deployment, and unsatisfying developer productivity.
- React is used for creating websites, web apps etc.
- React native is used to create cross platform mobile apps.
- React Native allows developers to create Native apps in web style forms.
- React virtual DOM is faster since it refreshes only part of the page unlike conventional full refresh model.
- Frontend developers can easily become mobile app developers.
- React Native has all the benefits of React.
- React reusable code component saves a lot of time.
- React is simple and easy to learn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.